There’s been a change of plan with out trip. We originally wanted to bike el Camino de Santiago in Spain. Due to finances and logistics, we’ve changed our mind. Instead, we’re going to bike the Pacific Coast Route from Vancouver to Tijuana. I think it will be an equally exciting trip, just a little less expensive.
So, what’s there to know about the Pacific Coast Route?
- The route is over 1800 miles.
- The trip should take 5-6 weeks to complete.
- We have to bike South so the wind isn’t against us.
- Most nights we will be sleeping at $5 per person campsites.
- We’ll be by the ocean the majority of the time, except when we bike through the Redwood Forest.
- We’ll get to travel through three countries on our journey: Canada, the United States, and Mexico.
- We’ll have to ride several ferries while we’re in the Seattle area.
- We get to go to the beach EVERYDAY!
- I would prefer flying to Vancouver, but due to baggage fees for bikes (and not wanting to disassemble my entire bike) I’ll probably take a bus or train.
- We will need similar gear to what we would have needed for el Camino, but we’ll need tents too.
- We have to learn how to repair tubes and maintain our bikes.
For this trip, Melissa is in charge of maps and logistics and Megan is in charge of figuring out how to repair the bikes if anything goes wrong.